Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week Thre Blog Three- Streaming Thoughts

As excited as I am about what I have learned in my time here at Full Sail, I don't see how I caan successfully carry it over to the required curriculum the powers that be are continually pushing on us. Now the entire county is to be on the same place on the curriculum map, continuity across the board. I am a very creative teacher, constantly coming up with new and fresh ideas that I would love to implement. I am fortunate to work at a school that performs fairly well academically, therefore the county leaves us alone. My administrators have been in my room twice this entire year. When they came in, they were looking to see if my lesson essential question was on the board and if I had the correct word wall up. Nonetheless, the problems are compounded daily, and by next year it will have reached near fatal levels.

The way standardized testing is going, the classroom is more and more falling back into the traditional style of teaching. Teachers creativity is confined; our county even said that they had to place more stipulations because the teachers had too many freedoms. We are being told when to give a paper and what the topic will be. How can I use time-consuming technology? It's VERY frustrating and discouraging.

The county pays for Blackboard, and I worked really hard to set up my required Blackboard site. It's so disheartening to know that it is almost May, and our students were never given their login information. I wanted to have them blogging this year as part of their journaling. I wanted my advanced classes to create wikis. Alas, because of the confines in which we must work, I wasn't able to travel outside of Blackboard and never used it.

I guess I need to finish my reading of Zander's book. Maybe it will inspire me to begin looking for the up side of the situation, rather than focusing on that which will only bring me down even more. I must continue to strive to better grow into someone who doesn't allow the outside stresses of life to kill my joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment