Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week Two Blog Three- Response to Xavier Lazo

I can relate with the feeling that being number two isn't good enough. But I have been trying to apply the "Giving myself and those around me an A" philosophy. Which ties in nicely with the idea of not taking ones self quite so serious. I know people who just can't seem to help themselves and really indulge when it comes to making sure others see things the same way they do, to the point of being obnoxious.

I also think that part of any good leader is being able to own up to your error and to reconcile it. I've known teachers that would refuse to credit a student a correct answer because they felt they couldn't have made the mistake and even if they did, they wouldn't change the points. To me that seems a little bit like a dictatorship. My way is the only way mentality. As a leader, the goal is to bring out the strengths in each member of your team. As the teacher, it is my goal to bring out the best in each of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment