Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week One Blog 4- Response to Gary Milton

You are right. It really does take time to cultivate those types of relationships with our students. I am now at the point where the students see that I care regardless of what their final grade is. I am at the point where I see them caring about their product because they care what I think. I am at the point in the year where they truly begin to appreciate all that we have done throughout the year to make learning an interactive, hands-on experience. These are the moments that propel me to keep on trying, keep on pushing to inspire them as well as myself, keep on forging and developing a relationship of mutual respect.

I have also been trying to apply the "Giving an A" philosophy with my students, but also with my husband and daughter. I have to learn to accept that if people are doing their best then I cannot ask more of them. I agree with your statement that the comprehension of the points from the book can truly be the opening to the change that occurs when we begin to take people as they are, allowing them to truly flourish in a comfortable, non-judgmental environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment