Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week Two Blog Two- Reading Continued... Thoughts expounded...

What would have to change for me to be completely fulfilled?

This is a deep question. One that I do not know if I should apply to all aspects of my life when reflecting on this question in this public forum: the blog. Therefore, I will only apply it to my time here at Full Sail University. The premise behind going after this degree was probably not as thought out as it should have been. I acted on impulse, to the tune of many thousands of dollars. I began to regret the decision, the time spent in the program.
But I also noticed something else about myself in this process, and just recently had the following revelation: I apparently have a fear of success. I know you are just clamoring for me to elaborate, so fear not, I will.
I first started college in 1994, and that lasted until 1996 when I used the excuse of the death of my dad to quit school at Stetson University. I had my daughter in 1998 and decided in 1999, that I had better go back to school. So I was in school from 1999 until the end of 2001. After that I had three credit hours to go, one class I needed to finish in order to have my BA. It took me four years to final get it done. So in 2005, I finally graduated. Many of my jobs were not able to hold my attention, so I simply quit or did something to jeopardize my position within the company. Once being looked at for promotions could quickly dissipate into barely being able to maintain the job.
So one thing I must change in order to be completely fulfilled is the acceptance of my success. It’s okay to want to achieve bigger and better things and to not penalize myself and holding myself to other’s ideas of what I should be.



“Imagine a world where a single raspberry is your only possession and you give it to a friend.”

Guerda Weissman Klein~ Auschwitz Survivor

Who in America can really say that they would be willing to give their only tiny possession to a mere friend? Not I… The depravity of the situation would seem to bring forth the beast, not the lamb. Isle, Guerda’s friend, must have been a truly selfless person. What more can be said about a person who even would consider this a possibility.



“Today was exceptional in that I learned leadership is not a responsibility- nobody has to lead. It’s a gift, shining silver, that reminds people huddled nearby why each shimmering moment matters. It’s in the eyes, the voice, this swelling song that warms up from the toes and tingles with endless possibilities. Things change when you care enough to grab whatever you love, and give it everything. )(Amanda Burr) (p.74)

No comments:

Post a Comment