Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week Three Blog Four- Project

This week I worked really hard on catching up on my AR site. I laid out the site quite a while ago, but failed to continually update the information as needed. Most of my projects from month one through nine were lost in the crash of March 2010. So, I haven't quite figured out how to post those projects yet. I do know some of them are on Viddler and seem to still be there. Unfortunately, I can't seem to remember all of the professor's names to email them and ask them if they would be able to send me a copy of the file that they have in the system.  If they have a file in the system.

Lol I am such a mess...

I updated my cycle results, completed my presentation page, my literature review, I typed the rest of the articles up, but haven't pasted them into the references section. I posted most of my student's works. I still need to fix the interviews; I used the elevator for a lot of the recordings, and I thought the lighting was fine. I mean, I could see the kids just fine when I was recording them. But when I went back to watch it, I couldn't see half of them. I pulled the video into final cut pro and fixed the lighting but then the video looked distorted. Next, I pulled it over into iMovie to see if I could do what I needed to do in there. It seemed to work just as well, and was a lot simpler. Both programs made the video look grainy, but I can't redo the videos, so I will just deal with the shoddy recordings. It's my own fault.

LoL I am such a mess...

Now that I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel, I have found my motivation again. I was literally at the point where I was going to quit, or expand the time I was in the program. It just seemed simpler than continuing to battle obstacle after obstacle. Just this week, I had to call Apple because I could no longer open iWeb. After several hours of this or that, the very helpful staff determined that I needed to reinstall the operating system. Of course, they also convinced me that I needed to upgrade to Snow Leopard. I backed up my domain prior to the reinstall, but was panicking when I opened it back up, only to find it had all been cleared out. Thankfully, I had saved it another place, the wrong place, but when I found that file and opened it up, my iWeb files were there! Thank you God! Something good at least!

Lol I am such a mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment