Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week Four Blog Three- Response to Lindsay

Lindsay said:
How do I contribute to the ignorance about educational technology? Do I write my representatives and school board members to inform them? Do I run for public office myself? Do I conduct in-services and trainings to provide seasoned teachers with the support they need to adequately integrate technology? No, no, and no. I don't do any of those things, so at the end of the day, I am allowing myself to be a product of the things that happen around me, as opposed to choosing to take control of the things that happen in my playing space.


I said:  I felt myself cringe as I read parts of your post. I am that person; the one who complains about those who don't get why technology integration is so vital; the one who mocks those who think PowerPoints are a big deal; the one who screams at legislatures who don't see the importance of putting money into technology. You are dead on. How dare I complain when there are many things I could do to make a difference in my small world, other than gripe and complain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment