Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week Four Blog Two- Response to Gary

Gary Milton Said: Well here we are at the end of month 11. The end of a very busy yet very exciting time for me. I have learned so much about technology and how it can be used to really improve my student's educational life. I have been exited about the possibilities and frustrated by the lack of progress on the part of those I work with to catch the technology bug. I know that if they could see what I see they would be all about getting this out there for our students. I have grown to understand that the role that I will play in the future may very well be, as the person who shows them (other teacher and admin) the possibilities of the technology that is available. I have come a long way in this past year and in many ways this program has taught me so much more than just a bunch of techie stuff. Some of my fellow classmates have talked about what to do with the degree and many things have been suggested but for me, this was never about getting a degree but more about getting a set of new skill to help my students enter their future. So for me this program has done everything I have asked of it and so much more. The more is all of you. The thing I didn't count on getting from this program was you. The thing I didn't count on getting was a chance to get to know such a great group of people so all over the country. I never thought that I could have such good friendship with people I've never even seen in person. This is the true gift that comes from this new world of technology. I know understand that the world outside is so much bigger and brighter then I had ever dreamed it could be. I now know that the world is full of people like you who all care and are committed, like me to helping students to find their dreams and prepare for the brave new world that is in front of them. Thanks so much for being apart of the journey.

I said:I am one of those that want more to come, but you are correct. If all we get out of this program is a renewed vigor for the students we are blessed to teach, then we should be happy for that. If all we get out of this program is the motivation to share our enthusiasm for technology with others, than FSO has done a great job! I can't stop talking about what we can do; however, I often find my passion is met with resistance. However, change often is!

No comments:

Post a Comment